Monday 11 December 2017

PREPARING FOR CHRISTMAS

It's easy to think about Christmas with all this snow!

And here, in Switzerland, they have Christmas markets with things to buy, music, games, food and drink all through December.

Here are some photos for you!

This is the entrance to the market at Montreux. Noel is Christmas in French.

A Christmas market stall.

Christmas sweets, yummy!

Christmas chocolate shapes, delicious!

Christmas Nativity figures.

Here they sell HOT WINE! And you can see the big wheel in the back.
 
Christmas music. Can you see the snow falling?

Children jumping on the trampoline.
This is not a Christmas elf, it's me!

Can you imagine how cold it is?
 And what are their favourite food and drink in these markets? Hot wine and melted cheese! It's really good!
Cheese fondue: you put pieces of bread in the hot, melted cheese. Tasty!

Raclette: They heat an enormous cheese, and put the melted top part on a plate with potatoes. I love it!
 Are you preparing the Christmas Festival at school? Tell me about it!


16 comments:


  1. Oh, Mercedes! What lovely photographs and appetizing sweets....Bring me one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you continue writing so well in English, Reyes, I will bring you a big bag full of sweets! (Or are you Yolanda again?)
      A big hug from Lausanne!

      Delete
  2. I like the market and the photos it's very beutiful.I like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Daniela,
      I think this year you are the student that has written more comments in the blog, WELL DONE!
      Have a beautiful Christmas and a very happy new year!

      Delete
  3. Teo and Estela 5A24 January 2018 at 04:06

    Hello Mercedes Switzertland is very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, kids, good work, this is the way to send a message!

      Delete
  4. Hello Mercedes tomorrow you go to California

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your photos it very funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two comments in the same post, wow, Selena, well done!

      Delete
  6. I like the christmas market.They are funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Alba, I liked the market too, it was really fun!

      Delete
  7. Like the big cheese with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Estela, yes, the big cheese is very very good!

      Delete
  8. I like the chocolates too.Are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Estela, you are writing so much in the blog! And I love chocolate!

      Delete

POST A COMMENT: INSTRUCTIONS:

Click on "comment as", select NAME/URL and write your name.
Do not write anything in URL, and click on "continue".
Write your comment, and click on "publish".
Click on "I'm not a robot" and publish again.
You' re finished!